Online casinos will offer multiple methods for deposit and withdrawal. Some, like credit/debit cards and bank transfers, are familiar to most. Others, such as cryptocurrency, are new frontiers. Whereas good casinos will only allow reputable payment methods, the responsibility to pick a secure payment method ultimately rests on you. PayPal would appear to be a good choice in this regard.
Unfortunately, few online casinos will accept PayPal deposits and withdrawals in NZ. That is despite many review sites publishing extensive lists of online casinos that do accept PayPal. To be on the safe side, always check the casino’s website itself to confirm the availability of PayPal as a payment option before you sign up. This article looks at the online casinos that accept PayPal in NZ in 2023, reasons why PayPal is preferred, the deposit and withdrawal process, as well as important precautions.
Best Online Casinos that Accept PayPal in NZ
Welcome Bonus: Up to $300 + 150 free spins
Wagering requirements: 35x
Payout Rate: 96.29%
Payment methods: PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, Neteller, Bank Transfer, EcoPayz, Trustly, Klarna, Euteller
Welcome Bonus: Up to $1,100 + 375 Free Spins
Wagering requirements: 35x
Payout Rate: 98.02%
Payment methods: PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, Paysafecard, Skrill, Neteller, Trustly, Sofort, EPS, Interac Online, Apple Pay
Why Use PayPal for Online Casinos?
PayPal offers a product that is in many ways unmatched by its rivals, and is the clear market leader when it comes to safely sending money online. Here are the top reasons for its popularity:
- Trustworthiness – PayPal has a decades-long track record as an online payment services provider. It has built a strong reputation for reliability.
- Speed – PayPal transactions are completed in a matter of seconds allowing fund deposit and withdrawal with ease.
- Ease of transactions – You only need to know the beneficiary’s PayPal email address to transfer funds.
- Security – Apart from concealing the beneficiary’s financial details behind a single email address, PayPal uses robust cybersecurity, privacy and fraud controls.
- Wide acceptance – One of the biggest impediments to online transactions is a payment method that both buyer and seller are comfortable with. PayPal is a recognizable brand that enjoys acceptance around the world.
PayPal Fees and Transaction Limits
PayPal does levy fees depending on the nature, value and currency of the transaction. Withdrawal to PayPal for instance usually attracts a fee that’s 2.9% of the transaction amount in addition to a fixed fee of $0.30. On the other hand, there are no fees when depositing money to your online casino account from PayPal.
PayPal has a monthly transaction limit that varies from account to account depending on account history, transaction history and account verification. Users can request an increase on their account’s monthly limit if they expect to receive larger amounts in coming months than they usually do. Note that online casinos may have their own transaction limits on PayPal withdrawals.
How to Deposit at an Online Casino Using PayPal
To move funds from PayPal to your online casino account, do the following:
- Log into the online casino account.
- Go to the Banking or Cashier section.
- Choose the Deposit option and select PayPal as the deposit method.
- Enter the amount to deposit and click ‘Deposit’ (or Proceed’ or ‘Next’ depending on the casino).
- You will be redirected to a PayPal login page where you can sign in with your PayPal username and password.
- Confirm the transaction and the funds should be available in your casino account almost immediately.
How to Withdraw from Online Casino Using PayPal
To withdraw money from your online casino account to PayPal, take these steps:
- Log into your online casino account.
- Navigate to the Banking or Cashier section.
- Go to the Withdraw option and select PayPal as the withdrawal method.
- Enter the amount to withdraw and press the ‘Withdraw’ button.
- The transaction will be processed within hours or days depending on the online casino’s PayPal withdrawal policy.
Risks and Precautions
PayPal is one of the most secure and reliable online payment services providers. Still, there are risks users should pay attention to. For example, PayPal accounts are routinely targets for phishing and other forms of social engineering attacks. Scammers trick victims into sharing their login credentials, giving the criminals an easy pass to the user’s PayPal balance.
To avoid social engineering attacks, avoid clicking email links from unfamiliar senders. Do not provide your login details to a website whose authenticity you are uncertain of. Regularly generate a statement of your PayPal account to check for unusual and/or unknown transactions.
Use a strong password that is easy for you to remember but hard for a third party to crack. Go a step further and enable two-factor authentication on your PayPal account. That would mean for someone to hack into your account they would need access to your password as well as the code sent to your phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can see the best PayPal casinos here. While the majority of online casinos do not accept PayPal for deposits or withdrawals in NZ, there are a small number that do. If you are looking for a casino that accepts PayPal, always check the payment options before signing up.
If the online casino accepts PayPal as a payment method, then yes, you can deposit money into your casino account using PayPal.
PayPal is a tried-and-tested online payments services provider. It has a strong record for reliability, speed, security and acceptability. When an online casino offers it as a payment option, it’s a method that’s worth opting for.
If PayPal availability is an important consideration for you, make sure you check that an online casino has it as an option before you sign up. Despite PayPal’s advantages, it is a major target for phishing and other cyberattacks. Always exercise caution by logging into your account on websites whose identity you are sure of.